Saturday, February 16, 2019

Border Cafe Burlington

I haven't been back to the Border Cafe in Burlington for a number of years. They do Mexican/Louisiana inspired food. They have never been spectacular but always very consistent and with tasty food. They had an excellent Caesar Salad with Shrimp and Crayfish that sadly is no more. I just noticed that I had this 5 years ago!



They have private parking and also a nice patio.



It's a big cavernous room, and it gets really loud during the week. I was curious to see what it would be like on a Saturday and it was much quieter. Of course, the drawback was that at 12:30 kids arrived in all forms and shapes.



One thing that has changed is the chips, now they are warm, thin and crispy. Big improvement. Before I left I tipped the rest into the bag with my leftovers. I never do that. The salsa was also very good and really tasty without being overly tomatoey.



I stuck to my usual CATFISH NEW ORLEANS ($14.87) with rice and beans. "A large fresh fillet of catfish, royally seasoned, deep fried with a shrimp and basil cream sauce". What's it with the pricing? $14.87 doesn't make any sense whatsoever unless I'm missing something. The catfish was perfectly cooked, and the outside stayed crispy even with the sauce on it. I think the rice has improved as well since it was really well seasoned and had a hint of heat. The beans were also very good, and I finished all of them. The service was good but doesn't waitresses understand that putting your dirty hair up, doesn't make it less dirty?

Address: 128 Middlesex Turnpike, Burlington, MA 01803 Phone: (781) 505-2500

No comments:

Post a Comment