Saturday, March 16, 2019

The Irish Cottage Methuen

Despite having a terrible Cottage Pie at The Irish Cottage in Methuen, I decided to go back for their Reuben. Was this a mistake or not?



They are easy to get to from Rte 93, and they have plenty of parking, but parking can be scarce when they get busy.



Dinner starts at noon on weekends, and they can't put in food orders until then. Here is the Sligo Corned Beef Reuben (12). "Slow Cooked, Hand Cut Corned Beef, Swiss Cheese, Sauerkraut and 1,000 Island Dressing on Thick Cut Rye". The original calls for Russian dressing that is less sweet. For my side, I picked Beer Battered Onion Rings. I also asked for extra dressing on the side, and that was no problem. You never get enough dressing with your Reuben. The corned beef was thick cut and I guess that's what hand cut really means even if this was so evenly sliced that I really doubt it was hand cut. The corned beef was tender and tasty and the kraut was good. I would not call this thick cut rye, but I like the thinner cut. The bread was nicely toasted, but the sandwich was cold. The onion rings looked good and had decent sized onions inside, but they were soggy and greasy. I would have this again, maybe with fries instead.



Taking the top slice of bread off reveals that the top half of the sandwich had no corned beef. It was the same for the other half. The service this time was friendly, and she checked in on me a couple of times.

Address: 17 Branch St, Methuen, MA 01844 Phone: (978) 208-4347

No comments:

Post a Comment