Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Tung's Taste Middleton

My first visit to Tung's Taste in Middleton wasn't exactly a success, but there was a dish that I really wanted to try so back I went today for another lunch.


There is parking in the strip mall where they reside.



Their H&S was mediocre, so I went with the Wonton Soup today. The broth was bland, but there were two big wontons in there and also finely julienned pork and veggies. Way better than the H&S soup.



The dish that I wanted to try was the lunch Long Horn Beef🌶️🌶️ ($9.95). "Shredded Beef Sautéed with Long Horn Peppers". It also comes in a chicken version. I ordered it extra spicy. The waiter said, "But it's already spicy". Extra spicy it was and what arrived was really extra spicy for once. See the fresh chili slivers in there? The longhorn peppers turned out to be the normal long green peppers that might be spicy or not. You never know, but today they were spicy. The beef was tender but still had texture. So often beef in Chinese restaurants is tender to the point of being mushy. Not only was it spicy but was also very flavorful. The plate looks like a paper plate in the picture, but it's not. This time I got chopsticks, and they were the real thing. The gentleman that runs the place is very nice and friendly. Water was replenished frequently. This was an excellent dish, and they certainly redeemed themselves. There is a couple of dishes on the regular menu that I'll be back for. I also saw their pork fried rice and it was a properly fried rice without any soy sauce being involved.

Address: 242 S Main St, Middleton, MA 01949 Phone: (978) 777-8298

No comments:

Post a Comment