Thursday, April 25, 2019

Brodie's Pub Peabody

This weeks Reuben is brought to from Brodie's Pub in Peabody. I had this sandwich a couple of years ago and was impressed.


NY Style Reuben (11.99). "Marble rye, swiss, sauerkraut, russian dressing". It was a big heap of thinly sliced corned beef that was very tasty, but it was from the round and not from the brisket. I picked the steak fries as my side, and they were excellent. Crispy on the outside, and fluffy on the inside. Steak fries are excellent when cooked well, and terrible when overcooked. The Reuben was huge, and I really like that they use marble rye, since I'm not a fan of the dark rye. The bread was fresh and toasted. The cheese was melted correctly, and I really liked that the sauerkraut was in the middle, so that I could make two sandwiches out of a half. The dressing comes on the side, and that makes perfect sense to me since I can now add as much as I like. There is a very tart pickle hiding back there, and despite the rumors, it's not made in-house.


I like the two top in the back corner. It didn't get much busier than this. The service is always amicable here.

Address: 10 1/2 Lowell St, Peabody, MA 01960 Phone: (978) 977-9988

No comments:

Post a Comment