Saturday, April 27, 2019

Jimmy's Steer House Saugus

I usually have the lunch primer rib at Jimmy's Steer House in Saugus. Today it was time for something else.



They are of course on the wrong side of Rte 1. Plenty of parking.



The inside is in very good condition. It didn't get much more busy than this at lunch today. Why do they put the silverware on the wrong side?



NATIVE SEA SCALLOPS ROLLED IN SEASONED BREAD CRUMBS AND LIGHTLY BROILED (10.99). As my side, I picked Jimmy's Special Rice Pilaf. Of the seasoned breadcrumbs, there was no trace. I quickly moved the scallops to a plate to stop them cooking and also moved the rice on to it. The unseasoned scallops were fine, and it was real scallops since I found one whole side muscle and one partial. One scallop was also gritty. The rice was excellent, well cooked and seasoned. I think I'll stick to the prime rib here. The service is always very good here.

Address: 114 Broadway, Saugus, MA 01906 Phone: (781) 233-8600

2 comments:

  1. Actually the silverware is on the the correct side and once again I can assume you tipped 15%.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How can the silverware be on the correct side if you are right-handed?

      Delete