Sunday, April 14, 2019

Rox Diner Newtonville

I tried to go to Newton center today but the Boston Maraton is tomorrow, so there was no way to get there. Instead, I ended up at Rox Diner in Newtonville where I had an excellent hash on a previous visit.


Since it's Sunday, parking is free, and there is a big lot just around the corner.


I was a bit late but was still surprised that I got seated almost at once.


HOUSE MADE CORNED BEEF HASH & EGGS (11.89). "HOMEMADE HASH TOPPED WITH TWO POACHED EGGS. SERVED WITH CRISPY RED BLISS HOME FRIES AND PEASANT TOAST". No more choice of toast and the toast I had on my previous visit was superior to this. The eggs still had a runny yolk, but only partly. The home fries were not seasoned this time, and neither were they crispy, but they were cooked well. The hash was excellent with real corn beef, and the finely diced peppers added a bit of acidity. Service was delightful.

Address 335 Walnut St, Newton, MA 02460 Phone number (617) 916-1795

No comments:

Post a Comment