Friday, September 20, 2019

Okipoké Burlington

Okipoké in Burlington officially opened yesterday. They have another location in Westford. Finally, you can get poké locally. It's a Hawaiian dish with rice, raw fish and various toppings.



They are located next to the little rotary in the 3rd Ave complex.



You start at the right and then follow your bowl down the line, adding toppings as you go along. The proteins and some of the toppings were labelled. They have premium toppings, and they are not marked in any way. Now I can't find where I saw that, so ask. The crab salad was fake crab.



I went with a regular (2 proteins) $11.95. I picked brown rice, double salmon, Cucumber, fresh jalapeno and sweet onions. For flavor, I went with wasabi aioli. It wasn't very spicy, so next time I'll try the spicy mayo. For toppings, I went with seaweed salad (delicious), pickled ginger (yeah!) and cucumbers. I would have added egg if I noticed them. For crunch, I went with garlic crisps. They are the big ones on top. Next time, I'll try the wonton crisps. One drawback is that they don't have any made up bowls that would help people who are not familiar with poké. The fish was fresh. The jalapenos had the seeds removed but could have been cut in half. Same goes for the slices of cucumber.



This is how it looked five minutes past noon. They only have a few tables inside and two outside.

Wegman's next door has a Lobster fest Fri-Sun with live or steamed lobster for 4.99/Lbs. They are chx so just about a pound each.

Address: 3rd Ave Burlington, MA 01803 Phone: 781-365-0890

No comments:

Post a Comment