Friday, January 17, 2020

Giacomo's Melrose

Time for some Italian food and I have found that Giacomo's Ristorante in Melrose is very good and they now serve lunch Mon-Sat.



They are located in Melrose center, and there is plenty of communal lots around. There is also free on-street parking. 30 minutes on one side and two hours on the other. This is not the entrance. The real entrance is on the side of the building where they have a vestibule to keep the frigid air out.



The inside is very nice and there is a dining/bar area further up. Behind me is the window tables and the windows are opened in the summer.



You get fresh crusty bread and butter. Linen napkins with silverware inside. A nearby table ordered a glass of wine, and I must admit that it was a very generous pour.



I started with one Beef & Pork Meatballs marinara sauce 3/each. This was a gigantic meatball in a very pleasant marinara sauce. The meatball was tasty and tender.



This was followed by the Shrimp and Scallops from their House Seafood Specials ($17). Choice of pasta and I went with the linguini. I have has their Scampi sauce that I really liked, but decided to try the Giacomo sauce (Lobster based red with a touch of bechamel). I was glad that I did since it was excellent. The pasta was cooked al dente as it should be. This was a really enjoyable lunch with pleasant service.

Address: 454 Main St, Melrose, MA 02176 Phone: (781) 620-1191

I was invited as a media guest, but all opinions are my own.

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn’t recommend Giacamo’s asset ever is lousy, food mediocre and if you want an alcoholic beverage you need a Massachusetts license or passport. I had an absolutely terrible experience and will never return to Giacamo’s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Restaurants are legally required to card you and Mass requires a valid ID, this has nothing to do with the restaurant.

      Delete