Tuesday, March 10, 2020

El Jalisco Beverly

I have heard good things about El Jalisco Mexican Grill in Beverly, so on this Taco Tuesday, I headed up there.



They are located on the main street, and there is only metered parking. The city tax is 75 cents/hour. They have the same infernal meters as Medford.



It's small, but the inside was pleasant and impeccably clean.



You get warm chips (stale) and an unremarkable salsa plus refried beans. It was extremely difficult to get something onto the chips. They should rethink this, so it's possible to scoop things up.



Their Taco Tuesday specials are three Chicken Tacos ($6.99) or three Beef Tacos ($7.99). You only get cilantro and onions on the tacos on Taco Tuesdays. Beans and rice are also included. The beans were cooked nicely and were well seasoned with a hint of heat. The rice was pleasant with some nicely cooked veggies included. My double wrapped beef tacos were really good with tender beef that wasn't mushy. I had a hard time deciding which salsa was the best. The green one was really good and had some heat, but I think the red one was the best. It was also the spiciest one.



I tried to take a photo to show the generous serving of beef, but it didn't really work. The service was very pleasant and I'll be back.

Address: 150 Cabot St, Beverly, MA 01915 Phone: (978) 969-2269

No comments:

Post a Comment