Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Royal Roast Beef Stoneham

I had a hankering for pizza, so I headed out to Royal Roast Beef & Seafood in Stoneham to get some. I bought gift cards with my stimulus checks, and now was the time to use them.

The parking lot was just redone, and there is plenty of parking.


This is the Large Mac & Cheese Bacon. Pizza is half price on Tuesdays. Research shows that a large is the better bang for the buck. The large (16") has double the surface area compared to a small (10"). The bacon was entirely absent, not even a trace of it. This was pretty much a complete failure. The only pasta that was edible was in the center of the pizza. The rest was so dried out in the oven that it was like eating raw pasta out of the box. It was soo bad it went into the bin. I had an excellent M&C pizza at Kitty's, so I had high hopes for this one. 10/19/21

To top it off, when I tried to use my gift card, the balance was zero! After some discussion, the guy behind the counter, I suspect he was the manager, suggested that I contact the manager. I asked how I could do that. This went on for a while until he finally put my $100 back on a card.


Shrimp Scampi Pasta ($9.49) on Wednesdays, regularly $15.99. "Shrimp sautéed in olive oil and garlic in a white wine lemon sauce served over spaghetti." You have a choice of pasta, and I went with the penne. I got 5 shrimp, not sure if I would be happy with that for $16. The pasta was overcooked, but there was plenty of penne. The was plenty of scampi sauce. The half garlic bread lacked garlic, and it was stale. 11/24/21


Shrimp Box ($15.25 / $22.25). How many shrimp in a small box? 10. How many are in a large box? 20. Large box, of course. The shrimp was really good-sized and cooked perfectly with a very thin and light batter. Look at the size of them! The tartar sauce was outstandingly good. This was not mayo with some stuff thrown in. Here, it was stuff with mayo added. Delicious! 12/19/21


This is the Meat Lovers Pizza ($10.49) on half-price Tuesdays. "Pepperoni, sausage, ham, hamburger & bacon." Regular $19.25, and I don't think they call it half-price Tuesdays anymore, even if it's close. Plenty of toppings and cheese. The tomato sauce was pleasant, but the thickness of the crust was way too thick. Two slices are plenty for me, and the rest goes into the freezer. 1/18/22


Chicken Parmesan ($10.48 on Tuesdays). "Chicken cutlet with sauce, parmesan, mozzarella & Italian blend cheese". I didn't have high hopes for this but ended up actually liking it. The chicken was breaded nicely, and the tomato sauce was bright. 03/15/22 Almost Pi day!

Address: 475 Main St, Stoneham, MA 02180 Phone: (781) 438-7779

The first wealth is health.

-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment