Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pho #1 Woburn

Seems to be something almost Pavlovian about this! We get 6+ inches of snow and I crave some Pho. Today I actually drove down to Pho #1 in Woburn despite it being within walking distance, but the weather redefined walking distance.



The Pho was actually quite good today or I was really hungry. Apart from the rare flank I also got a good amount of well-done brisket. Sadly both the tripe and the tendon were mostly absent. When a Pho is good it's such a nice contrast in texture, you get the beefy brisket, the silken tendons and the crunchy tripe and the rare flank adds more beefiness. Dipping the meats in the chili oil adds yet another dimension and slurping up the noodles adds fun. I haven't really figured out how doing the noodle slurping without getting broth all over myself so a napkin tucked into the neck is my savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment