Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Szechuan's Dumpling Arlington

Went looking for another exciting lunch at Szechuan's Dumpling in Arlington on a sunny day after yet another snow storm. Where is that Spring Thing?



The soup today was again pork and seaweed soup. I wish they would do the normal Hot and Sour soup, this one doesn't really do anything for me.
Twice Cooked Pork from the lunch menu was today's selection. First of all, this is done with Pork Belly so I was happy right off the bat. There was a lot of cabbage and some sliced hot green peppers and some black beans and all of it drizzled with chili oil. This is a very nice rendering of this classic dish, but I kind of missed the smoked tofu that you normally see. It had some heat especially if you mixed in the green peppers with the cabbage. There was also another bean in there that was spicy but I have no idea what it was and I finished all of them before thinking about asking the staff. I continued to eat the rice and cabbage even after the pork was gone so this was a really good dish. And then when I was really stuffed
  

the owner brought out a sample of Beef Tendon and Shank in Chili Sauce appetizer for me to try! This was delicious. The tendon was perfect and the beef was tender and flavorful and the chili sauce covered everything. It was not overly spicy, but she said that they keep the heat down and could make it spicier on request.

No comments:

Post a Comment