Friday, March 1, 2013

Szechuan's Dumpling Arlington

I couldn't wait to get back to Szechuan's Dumpling in Arlington to try some more interesting dishes. Having picked up a menu when I was there the last time, my mind was almost made up before I got there today for lunch. This is going to be a porky day!



The room is nice and bright but not very busy on a Friday lunch, but there was some takeout business.



Steamed Sliced Pork Belly in Garlic Sauce appetizer did look a bit fierce but was only mildly spicy and did lack the garlic punch that was expected. The pork itself was delicious! I mentioned the lack of garlic when one of the managers stopped by and he said that it would be too spicy, but my reply were, if you order this dish you expect a lot of garlic flavor. No big deal, still an excellent dish. There is a mound of lettuce underneath the pork to make it look bigger than what it are, but this is also very common and almost expected. I have seen better knife work, some pieces were a bit unevenly cut. 



Next was Pork Legs Noodle Soup and I selected Shanghai White Noodle from the choice of six! different noodles. This soup is a bit mislabeled, it should really be called Pork Feet Noodle Soup but I kind of expected that this was what I would get. I had been dying to try this dish since I first saw it on the menu. Not sure how the feet were cooked, they almost looked red braised but what you could gnaw off had a delicious gelatinous richness in abundance. The Shanghai noodles and the soup itself were also really nice. All this for a whopping $6.25! Warning, there is no way to eat this gracefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment