Saturday, December 21, 2013

Wagamama Lynnfield

I had to go back to a Wagamama in Lynnfield to try their Ramen. I expected the Market Street complex to be mobbed today, but it wasn't really that busy. They even have a skating rink set up. At Whole Foods, there wasn't even a line at the express checkout.



Chili Ramen with grilled chicken. It was either boring chicken or beef of unknown origin so I went with the chicken. The soup did have some nice heat to it and there were also red onions and the bean sprouts was hiding under the scallions. The fiercely looking red chilis were in fact quite mild and tasty. The noodles were very good and come out nicely rolled up and that meant that you couldn't get to them until you untangled the whole mess. Overall this was a bit of a disappointment, especially for $11+. Where's the fatty pork? Where is the rich broth? This is like someone in England said, "Let serve Ramen to the British" and this is what you ended up with. Wait, that's how Wagamama got started! Service is good with prompt water refills.



Afterward I walked over to Williams Sonoma where Steve DiFillippo, of Davio's fame, was signing his book "It’s All About the Guest" and also having a free sampling of his famous meatballs and Gnocchi with Bolognese ragu. I had the meatballs before so I tried the gnocchi and it was really good. Surprisingly, he did recognize my blog name when I introduced myself so I must admit that he's really up on everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment