Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Sichuan Garden II Woburn

I craved some standard Chinese for lunch today so I took the short drive down to Sichuan Garden II in Woburn. Pain in the butt that you cannot take a left turn from Rte 38 onto their street.



Freezing outside but nice and warm inside. Big improvement in service, now you get a carafe of ice water on the table. I think this is such an excellent idea and that every restaurant should do it. The hot and sour soup is really good here and this time I remember to ask them to hold the mains for 5 minutes so I get a chance to eat the soup, otherwise you eat three spoons and the food arrives.



The standard battered deep fried chicken, take your pick of names, here it's called General Tso's Chicken with white rice and Chicken Wings. The wings are really good, crispy on the outside and moist on the inside. The chicken was good, moist dark meat as it should be but maybe a bit too much batter but it were cooked well and the sauce wasn't overly sweet. I asked for it extra spicy so they threw some extra whole chilies in there but that will not really add any heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment