Saturday, April 19, 2014

Gene's Chinese Flatbread Cafe Chelmsford

Well, Gene's Chinese Flatbread Cafe in Chelmsford is closing. The town is going to build affordable housing here so Gene will be moving and Woburn! might be the target. Nothing is final, but the old Liberty Bell location on main street is being discussed. That would be a big step up since it a way bigger place than what he has now but parking in Woburn is tricky.



I had to go back and have another #4, hand pulled noodles, probably his most famous dish. Again I discarded half of the raw garlic and mixed the rest up with the noodles. I don't think I have to be afraid of vampires for a week. Excellent dish but I remember the noodles being thicker and chewier and looking back at an earlier post I think they have gone thinner. They still are delicious.



They were busy on a Saturday at noon and both Gene and his wife was working. He's such a nice guy and always comes out for a chat.

No comments:

Post a Comment