Friday, May 23, 2014

99 Restaurant Woburn

I have been on a Lobster Roll roll lately so I decided to try the much-advertised roll at the 99 Restaurant in Woburn.



After I got my water and popcorn the waitress decided to leave the two extra menus on the table, maybe she expected me to have visitors show up later?



The Colossal Lobster Roll comes with Fries and Slaw, both sides was fine. The fries are OK and the slaw was light and fresh. The lobster roll was as advertised "piled high" with lobster meat, again all claw and knuckle but that was expected. The reason it was piled high? See picture below.



The whole roll was filled with lettuce and I'm trying to find out how much actual lobster meat the roll contains. The roll was nicely toasted and fresh. Considering the amount of lobster, I think that $15.99 might be on the high side even if you got two sides. It should probably be called a lettuce roll with lobster.

Update. According to the restaurant, there is 6.0 to 6.5 oz of lobster in the sandwich.
Update II. Ordered another one as take out and put the lobster meat on the scale. 



Yup, 4.6 oz. When I sent this picture as a reply to the 99 I never heard anything back. Considering that you get 4 oz, no sides at the D'Angelo next door, for half the price, this is overpriced.

No comments:

Post a Comment