Sunday, July 6, 2014

Taipei Gourmet Lexington

A beautiful Sunday and perfect for a drive but I didn't get further than Taipei Gourmet in Lexington because I wanted some appetizers for today's lunch.



I ended up having the same things as I had at the last appetizer lunch here. Szechuan Spicy Wontons with spicy peanut sauce was way better than the last time, this time it had a good amount of heat but no Sichuan peppercorns that I could detect. They use the old spelling of Sichuan on the menu and I use what's common today. See, you learned something.



Salt & Pepper Fried Chicken was a bit darker than at the last visit but still delicious with a good amount of salt and pepper to make it spicy. Really tender and juicy dark chicken meat with crispy fried basil.

No comments:

Post a Comment