Saturday, July 11, 2015

Cha Yen Watertown

It was a perfect summer day today when I headed over to Cha Yen Thai Cookery in Watertown to check out the new additions to their menu. I must admit that when driving back home with the top down, the AC was on at full blast, and it really works.



New entree, Khao Soi brisket ($12). Braised beef brisket, egg noodle, coconut milk, curry paste, shallot, preserved mustard greens and cilantro. In addition, there were dried crunchy noodles on top. The brisket was tender and the whole dish was nice, but I couldn't figure how to eat it and ended up piling things into the spoon. It was marked as one star on the menu (mild) and it was very mild even if there was roasted chilis hiding in there.



This is the new section on the menu. I have to splurge one day and try the duck. I had it in another dish before and it was absolutely brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment