Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Davio'S Lynnfield

I love Davio'S in Lynnfield and not much have changed since I first visited about two years ago. The place is spotless, the service is exemplary and the food is still outstanding, so Boston Dine Out prompted me to get here for a lunch visit. They are also smart enough to not only have different offering each week, but the menu is different from previous years, unlike some other restaurant who will not get a visit from me.



They offer a three-course lunch for $25 and it's really good value for the money. I started with the Crispy Fried Calamari, Cherry Peppers and Lemon Aioli. I have had just this dish for lunch before since the portion is big enough and as usual, it was super tender calamari, including tentacles, that was cooked perfectly. Watch out for the cherry peppers, they are hot.



For my mains, I picked the Grilled All Natural Beef Spedini, Warm Potato Salad with Davio’s Steak Sauce. The tenderloin was cooked perfectly as ordered and the steak sauce was also very tasty. The warm potato salad wasn't but was delicious with eggs and onions. The humongous steak knife I was presented with I left as a decoration, the beef was soo tender it wasn't needed.



Dessert was Mini Warm Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Bean Gelato. It was described as a mini molten cake but was it?



You bet! It was seriously chocolatey and oozed all over the place. Perfect ending to an excellent meal.



I took advantage of the weather today and had my lunch on the delightful patio.

Click to add a blog post for Davio's on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment