Thursday, October 8, 2015

Amsterdam Falafelshop Somerville

Amsterdam Falafelshop in Somerville's Davis Square is one of two locations and the other one is in Kendall Square and I visited the one in Davis Square for lunch today.



They are centrally located in Davis Square and are located next to Diva Indian Bistro that is practically a landmark now.



It's a small place, but they have a lot of tables for two and customers are moving.



This is the pick all you can fit toppings section. Tons of stuff and it all looked really fresh and it was.



More stuff if you want more sauce for your falafel and also dipping sauces for your fries.



This is the small Falafel ($5.45) after the precooked falafel balls were crushed and sauce applied. The toasted pita was good and the falafel was really moist and very tasty. It's only chickpeas and spices, no beans.



This is after I had loaded as much as I could into the pita bread. If I would do it again, I think I would go for the bowl instead, you can distribute the sauce(s) and the toppings better.



I also ordered a small Frieten ($2.95) that I paired up with Curry Ketchup and Dutch Mayo (Fritesaus). I found the Dutch mayo to be bland but according to a Dutch friend, that's what he found as well when he visited home. On the other hand, the Curry Ketchup was really good. Unfortunately, the fries was a tad overcooked. Yes, there is a hole in the table for the fries and a convenient stand for your falafel. This was a very filling and nice meal for very short money.
They are also hosting a contest called ‘Battle of the Balls’ on Instagram. Guests who share a photo of their customized falafel bowl or sandwich using the hashtag #BattleofTheBalls are entered to win a Dutch-Style bike valued at $400 and a year’s worth of FREE Falafel.

Disclaimer: This meal was provided by Amsterdam Falafelshop, but all opinions are my own.

Amsterdam Falafelshop Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment