Friday, October 30, 2015

Nonna's Waltham

Nonna's Italian Bar & Grill in Waltham is another newcomer to Moody Street and took over the space that had been occupied for forever by Erawan of Siam. I got really excited after looking at their lunch menu since they had a favorite of mine listed.



They are located at the upper end of Moody's.



The dish that got me excited was the Linguini with Clam Sauce ($11). Linguini and fresh clams with your choice of a red or white sauce. I went with the white sauce, not sure what was supposed to go into the sauce, but it was very bland. The fresh clams were excellent and cooked really well. The pasta was cooked nicely but needed salt, but I guess that is to be expected in these health-conscious times. Am I the only one that salts my food? The chopped clams on top of the pasta were terrible, gritty and severely overcooked. Apart from the fresh clams, I was not impressed. The service was OK, extra placemats were not removed until towards the end of the meal when the waitress started to remove them while I was still eating. You do get linen napkins.



You can see the traces of Erawan in the leftover woodwork.



Nice bar seating with hightops in the background. The place is big and apart from one customer having a sandwich at the bar, the place was empty.


Nonna's Italian Bar & Grill Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment