Monday, November 23, 2015

Diva Indian Bistro Somerville

Diva Indian Bistro in Somerville has been here for quite some time now and I have always enjoyed their lunch buffet and paid them a visit today on a sunny but cold Monday.



They are located just around the corner from Redbones.


Not an extremely large buffet but the price is right at $9.95.



I have fond memories of their goat curry, but it wasn't present today.



Condiment section with Papads and dessert. How come that if I take two pictures, they are both in focus but if I only take one, it's out of focus?



It was such a cold day that I had to start with the Mulligatawny Soup and it was splendid as was the papad. Of course, I adore papads.



I think you also have a choice of garlic naan, but I wasn't offered a choice, but the naan was one of the best I have had in a long time, thin and flaky and super light.



The Tandoori Chicken was in the same class as the naan, tender and tasty with a really nice smoky flavor from the tandoori. This is one of the better renderings of this classic that I have had in a long time. I'm never sure if the onions that the chicken rest on is for decoration or not but the onions looked seasoned and ready to eat so I did. Very tasty. The Aloo Gobi (Potatoes and Cauliflower) sans the cauliflower was also good. How do they cook the potatoes perfectly every time? The Saag Paneer was a bit bland, but the Chana Masala was delicious with tender chickpeas.



Interior is nice with both booths and tables, This is how they started, then they expanded next door but that didn't work out since Amsterdam Falafel Shop is now located in that space.

Diva Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment