Saturday, November 14, 2015

Rudy's Cafe Somerville

I have a memory of Rudy's Cafe in Somerville from when I used to live just around the corner and that was their Jalapeno Chicken that occasionally popped up on the specials board. It was a gooey, spicy mess of a plate and it was just fabulous! I haven't been here in a long time but decided to pay them a visit today. This is another place that only does lunch Thurs-Sun and that seems to become very common these days.



Located in Teele Square means that parking can be tricky but I got lucky and found metered parking just outside Rudy's.



Just to confuse things, the entrance has moved, it used to be in the back left in what's now the dining room.



The bar area with its comfy booths looked much the same as before.



Chips and Salsa are included and were surprisingly good with fresh lightly salted chips and a really fresh and tart salsa. I couldn't stop eating this.



And what do I see on the specials board? My old friend the Jalapeno Chicken and, of course, I had to order it. I don't remember being charged $13.99 for it back then, but it was a long time ago. The refried beans were nice and chunky and the dish was as good as I remember it. Not overly spicy but as gooey as I remember it with shredded very tender and tasty chicken smothered in cheese and a light tomato sauce with jalapenos mixed in. This was perfect for being scooped up with the chips and it was a serious amount of chicken included here. It was certainly worth the price and the chips and tasty salsa was a bonus.

Rudy's Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment