Sunday, November 15, 2015

Tu y Yo Somerville

I visited Tu y Yo in Somerville shortly after they opened for lunch but the lunch service was canceled soon afterward. I was going somewhere else for brunch today but when I got there at 11:00 there wasn't just a line out the door, it was a line down the block! Driving by Tu y Yo, I noticed the open sign in the window and decided to stop by and see what they had to offer.



There are free on street parking.



They are offering brunch Sat-Sun and I picked the Arrachera Mexicana ($10.95). "Thin steak topped with fried onions and Poblano pepper strips, served with refried black beans and red Chilaquiles". Despite the steak being thin, it was cooked a nice medium and the onions and poblano were also really nice and tasty. Excellent refried beans but the red chilaquiles were just chips in a mild red sauce.



I remember the interior being more cheerful but maybe there were more lights back then. Not a bad little meal and the price was right but this is certainly not a destination restaurant.

Tu y Yo Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment