Monday, November 30, 2015

Soul of India Sudbury

I noticed Soul of India in Sudbury after driving home from Lavender and thought it looked really neat and then when I found out that they do a lunch buffet I decided to visit them today for my weekly Indian food fix.



I must admit that they looked better coming from the other direction.



Condiment section with salad bar. They have three (3) different soups available.



Decent size buffet and everything was nice and hot.



Fresh naan is brought to the table and it was light and very tasty. My soup choice was Chicken Soup and that's kind of boring, right? Not this chicken soup, it was a nicely curried and delicious soup. This is starting out really well.



First sample from the buffet. They had papads and I can of course not resist them. The Tandoori Chicken leg was so big it could have been a leftover turkey leg, but it was tender and juicy and very good. BTW, this was the smallest one I could find. Next was the Lamb Bhunna and this was one serious flavorful dish with very tender lamb that was nice and moist. The Bengen Bharta (eggplant) was also a seriously tasty dish and the Mixed Dal was very good. Hiding behind the enormous chicken leg is the "Jalapeno Cheese Stuff" that had homemade cheese and potato in the stuffing and a very light batter on the outside. This was very good and the jalapenos varied from mild to hot. Nothing else on the buffet was really hot, but the food was VERY flavorful and this is really unusual for a buffet and nothing that I expected to find in Sudbury. I would say that this is a destination spot if you want a really good and tasty meal. It was a steal at $9.99.



The inside is relatively small but very tasteful and light and with high-quality furniture.



More seating in the nice bar area. The service was very good and friendly. What a pleasant find this was!


Soul of India Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment