Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Meju Somerville

Time to try some Korean food so I headed out to Meju in Somerville centrally located in Davis Square.



Again I found free parking, a miracle!



Interior is bright and modern with a good spacing of the tables.



Bar seating is available and the lunch service was handled by the capable and very friendly bartender.



You, of course, get Banchan and the kimchi one was delicious. The cucumber one was, well, cucumber. The eggplant was fine, the skin on a few of the pieces was very hard. The last one was fishcakes and it was interesting. Miso soup was also included and it was a big bowl that, much to my surprise, was delicious.



I thought the Bibimbap with Chili Octopus ($15) sounded really interesting. "Rice bowl with sautéed veggies and egg yolk on hot sizzling stone pot". Choice of rice and I ordered it with the purple rice. The bowl was VERY hot so I got the crusty rice on the bottom and it was delicious when mixed in with the rest of the stuff. Most of the octopus was tender, but a couple of pieces was a bit rubbery. All the veggies were julienned very fine, some nice knife skills are hiding in the kitchen. This was a very nice lunch with a very pleasant service. My leftover was packed nicely with both chopsticks and a spoon included.

Meju Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment