Friday, November 27, 2015

Taipei Gourmet Lexington

I was going to go to Masa in Woburn on this Black Friday and check out the place after they morphed into a Taqueria and Tequila bar, but they were serving brunch today, from their old menu, and I haven't had much luck there getting either a properly poached egg or "creamy" scrambled eggs so I went to Taipei Gourmet in Lexington instead.



Lunch special Flounder Fish with Szechuan Sauce ($7.99) ordered extra spicy. I haven't been here for a while, but it seems that bringing out the food on a serving dish with rice on the side have gone the way of the dodo. This, of course, means that the serving in now smaller. On the plus side was that the dish was pleasantly spicy and the fish was, as usual, perfectly cooked. The included spring roll was light and fresh.



I now ask them to hold my order for five minutes so that I have time to enjoy their excellent Hot & Sour soup. Look at that color! It tastes as good as it looks and you can even find slivers of shitake mushrooms in the soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment