Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Acapulcos Sudbury

Acapulcos in Sudbury is part of a chain of 12 restaurants in New England and have been around for quite a while, this was the first one and it opened in 2001.



Despite blue and yellow being the colors of the Swedish flag, I still think this is an ugly building.



Warm chips arrived promptly with a pleasant and somewhat spicy and chunky salsa.



I ordered the Enchiladas del Mar ($10.50). "Two soft, corn tortillas filled with a blend of shrimp, crab, scallops, fish and fresh vegetables and garnished with sour cream and avocado slices. Served with rice and beans". The rice was excellent, light and fluffy and very tasty. As far as I'm concerned, there is no such thing as bad refried beans and I was happy with these. The enchiladas were obviously missing both the sour cream and the avocado slices. The green mild chili sauce was nice. The filling was a mashed up mix of something tasting vaguely of seafood, I could only identify one shrimp, no idea what the rest was. There was no trace of fresh vegetables. I guess I can only blame myself for ordering seafood at a Mexican restaurant. Update: After examining my leftovers, there were tiny scallops in the enchiladas.



The interior was darker than what it appears here and there was an impressive amount of margaritas being consumed at lunch time.



The bar area and it was soon filled with a quite large party.

Acapulcos Mexican Family Restaurant & Cantina Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment