Friday, January 15, 2016

Yong Yong Malden

I have been waiting to try Yong Yong in Malden for a long time and finally made it there today. Their website is kind of useless for the good stuff. They do an all you can eat Hot Pot and Sushi for $22.95 during the week. Plus a dollar extra for the broth? How can you have Hot Pot without the broth? They also do Dim Sum during the week and most items are $2.99 and how can you go wrong with that?



They are located on Ferry Street and there are plenty of on-street parking available, sort of, I ended up parking around the corner.



Not very exciting dining room and I were the only Caucasian in the place.



This is the nicer dining room, not sure who you have to bribe to get a table in here.



The first thing to arrive was the Steamed Spare Ribs with Black Bean ($2.99). When I saw the size of the serving, I went Oh No, I ordered too much food. I expected way smaller portions for that price but leftovers are always good. Apart from being a bit light on the black beans, it was really tasty. Yes, there is bones involved but that wasn't a surprise.



Next to arrive was three ginormous meatballs, Steamed Beef Meatball ($2.99) with a black vinegar dipping sauce. Tender and also delicious. I couldn't really figure out how to eat these, so I just broke them in pieces and had at it. I notice a nearby table just spearing them with their chopsticks and then gnawing away. I think my way worked better since I could now dip them in the vinegar. You also get a small serving of their chili oil, that was not only seriously hot but also very tasty. I got some with my leftovers.



The Fried Shrimp Chive Dumplings ($2.99) was also very good, crispy with a good amount of shrimp on the inside.




Shrimp and Chive Dumplings ($2.99) was three enormous dumplings perfectly cooked.



The Beef Short Ribs ($4.95) was a bit pricy and I could have done without them, they were very tasty but some pieces were really chewy. For just under $17 for all this food it was a really good deal and all the dishes were really good and big servings as well. I noticed jellyfish going by and it looked really good, so maybe the next time. They have three Dim Sum menu's, one in only Chinese, one with Chinese and English (for me) and one picture only menu.

Yong Yong Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment