Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Pit Stop BBQ Wakefield

Pit Stop BBQ in Wakefield has been here for about four years and again, I had no idea.



Located on a side street close to the center with available parking in the lot next door.



Open kitchen and they now have a real smoker with an attached BBQ grill inside.



I ordered a four piece Chicken Wings ($3.99) with half Asian Sauce and half Jerk and they were happy to split the sauce. The Asian was just sweet chili sauce out of a jar but the jerk was nice with a bit of heat but it could have been more herbal. The wings were cooked well with a nice crispy outside. My sides for the Fried Chicken was delivered early and it was two good sized container with excellent mashed potatoes and baked beans that were on the sweet side but not as bad as a Boston baked bean.



Two piece Fried Chicken ($8.99) that comes with the two sides. I tried the honey BBQ sauce and it was OK. The chicken was cooked well and was nice and crispy on the outside and OK on the inside. The batter could have done with a lot more seasoning and the chicken could have done with a brine since it needed salt. Unfortunately, I forgot to ask for all dark, so I got a wing with a sizable chunk of white meat attached and a breast. Not sure how I come to be charged $15.24 for this since the food comes to $12.98 and the meal tax is another dollar. Looking at the menu afterward, I should probably have gone for the four piece since it's only three dollars more.



Three tables were available for dining in. Other interesting things on the menu are The Luke ($30), "1/2 lb. Double Burger with 1/2 lb. of brisket. 1/2 lb, of bacon and 1/4 lb. of cheese" and two sides. I'm assuming they mean 2 1/2 lb. burgers. What looks like an excellent deal is 6 wings with one side for $7.99.
Update. For reasons that I will not document, I will not go back to this place.

PitStop BBQ Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment