Monday, May 30, 2016

The Bancroft Burlington

It's Memorial Day weekend, so a burger is in order, right? I decided to give the Bancroft in Burlington another chance on this gray and overcast Monday.



They are conveniently located on the new 3rd Avenue complex in Burlington with plenty of parking.



I really like the bright and sunny bar area where I got a nice booth next to the windows.



I went with the Bancroft Burger ($15) that is only available for lunch. "Cave Aged Cheddar, Brioche bun and Fries." The crunchy onion strings that on a previous visit was on top was now on the bottom and hence got soggy from the tomatoes. The brioche bun was nicely toasted and very light. You got a small container of pickles that was overly sweet. The house made ketchup is outstandingly good and worth the price of admission on its own. The fries had also improved and while not really outstanding was perfectly acceptable.



I ordered the burger medium rare and when I cut into it, it looked really good but unfortunately this was only true for this corner, the rest of the burger was medium at most. Still, the burger was well seasoned and juicy with a really beefy flavor. Next time I'm going to order it rare and see what I get. This is one excellent burger that also had a nice char.

No comments:

Post a Comment