Friday, May 6, 2016

The Chicken & Rice Guys Medford

They started with a food truck but The Chicken & Rice Guys now have four trucks and just opened their second B&M store in Medford earlier this year. The other one is in Boston's financial district.



They are tucked away next to an Import/Export business with a few off-street parking spaces so if you are lucky you don't have to use the new infernal parking meters.



The interior is bright (and yellow) with both table and counter seating. I grabbed a seat at the window counter.



The menu isn't exactly complicated. Not sure why the lamb gyro contains beef?



A variety of sauces are available and I tried the extra hot and it was seriously hot! Nice to see something live up to the labeling. There is also a chili oil that was even more fiercely hot. Good stuff.



I had to go with the regular sized combo of chicken and lamb ($7), seen here liberally doused with their excellent garlic sauce. The very tasty yellow rice is hidden underneath and the salad was fresh. They had an onion and herb pita on trial that I tasted and it was very good. I hope they keep it. I'm not sure if the lamb or the chicken was a favorite, both was very tasty and tender and well seasoned, so the jury is still out on this. It was also a very generous portion and I had enough left over for dinner.



Bored? There are board games available including Jenga. This place just cracks me up.

Chicken & Rice Guys Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment