Friday, July 8, 2016

Aji Sushi Bar Newton

I have heard good things about the food at Aji Sushi Bar in Newton and since I thought today was a good day for some Sushi at lunch, I decided to pay them a visit.



They are actually located in Newtonville and there is only metered on-street parking available but at least I found a spot just outside the restaurant.



The inside was OK, kind of dark at the seating to the left. Nice Sushi bar in the back and the bottles on the wall are all (empty) sake bottles. The place got quite busy and it seemed to be "take your kids to lunch" day.



Miso soup and salad are included and the less said about the soup the better. The (very cold) salad was OK and for once, all of the salad was dressed, not just the top layer. Nice chopsticks but a very small dish for the soy sauce.



As usual, I went for the Chirashi ($19.95) that was on the expensive side. Very nice presentation and in addition to the tuna and salmon, I also got seabass and hamachi. O yea, a shrimp and fake crab. The rice had the correct temperature and seasoning and the fish was super fresh, really top notch quality. The Tamago (Egg cake) was way too sweet for me. Service was good, the single waitress did a good job of keeping up even when the place got busy.
Update: It was pointed out to me that there is parking behind the building, accessible via Washington Park, which is off Walnut.

Address 340 Walnut St, Newton, MA 02460
Phone number (617) 965-2801

Aji Sushi Bar Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment