Saturday, July 9, 2016

Fiorella's Newton

Why do I have a feeling that Fiorella's in Newton is really located in Waltham? Well, technically they are in Newtonville. This is a well-hidden gem and I have no idea how people found it before GPS was widely available.



Nice looking place. They are surrounded by industrial looking real estate but have plenty of off-street parking.



Nice looking dining room as well, and interior.



Open kitchen with the wood-burning pizza oven in the back. There is another dining room to the left.



Nice bar area with even more seating. I noticed that you get linen napkins if you eat in the bar, but paper napkins in the dining rooms. Does this make sense?



You promptly get house-made cheese sticks with their signature warm marinara sauce. This was excellent and could really ruin your appetite. I took the leftover to go with the sauce.



I started with the Calamari Fritti (8) from the lunch menu. "Tender calamari & cherry peppers flash~fried to perfection & served with Fiorella’s signature marinara." I was soo happy to see the legs and the calamari were so tender and fresh and fried to perfection. The cherry peppers were HOT, not to mention that the price was right.


I was looking at a couple of dishes and asked the waitress for a recommendation and she suggested the Fusilli Bolognese (11). "Our delicious bolognese made from braised ground beef, veal & pork simmered with diced carrots, onions & crushed tomatoes in a red wine tomato sauce, tossed with fresh fusilli pasta." It comes with a piece of Ciabbata (their spelling) roll that was super light and airy. All their bread are locally sourced from Iggy's except the breadsticks that are made in-house. The pasta was very good and cooked perfectly but the star was the bolognese sauce that was rich and well seasoned and not too sweet as it often tends to be. A really well-made dish and I are looking forward to my leftovers.



This was the view out of my window and when I commented about it to my waitress, she said "A really lively neighborhood." Service was really pleasant as was the restaurant, a real hidden gem.

Address 187 North St, Newton, MA 02460 
Phone number (617) 969-9990

Fiorella's Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment