Thursday, July 21, 2016

Fiorella's Express Belmont

I had a very pleasant lunch at their Newton location that I decided to try Fiorella's Express in Belmont for lunch today.



They are located on the busy Belmont Street and parking can be tricky but are free.



You order at the counter and the food is brought out to your table when it's ready. Open kitchen in the back and a real wood-fired pizza oven to the left.



There is some seating but they are geared for takeout. The inside was nice and homely.



Light lunch today so I started with a small Greek salad ($3!) that was pleasant and not bad for that price. I did like the dressing and appreciated that it was served on the side.



I had the Calamari Fritti (8) from the lunch menu at the other location and had to order it again. "Tender calamari & cherry peppers flash~fried to perfection & served with Fiorella’s signature marinara." Unfortunately, neither the quantity or the quality measured up, The legs especially were overcooked and so were some of the rings and I found that a bit strange.



I like hot fried pepper as much as anyone but when you get as much peppers as you do calamari, I'm not happy. 

Address 263 Belmont St, MA 02478 
Phone number (617) 489-1361

Fiorella's Express [Belmont] Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment