Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Sichuan Taste Malden

Sichuan Taste in Malden opened recently and I couldn't wait to pay them a visit after looking at their online menu. The lunch menu alone sports about 50 items. Disregard what looks like Thai dishes on the online menu.



There is free on-street parking and there is also a public lot across the street.



Lunch is served in the nice and bright bar area. The interior was very nice and so was the furniture. The manager can be seen behind the bar and he was a really nice guy and happy to talk to you. Most of the clientele at lunch seemed to be Chinese.



I know, another picture of an H&S soup but the soup was very good with a rich and complex flavor. I also wanted to show the nice table top with, I think, mother of pearl inlays.



I decided to try a couple of classic dishes from the lunch menu and started with the Cheng Du Spicy Chicken ($7.95). This was executed really well with nice crispy and tender chicken and there were Sichuan peppercorns in the dish. Despite all the chilis on the plate, it was just mildly spicy but very tasty.



The second dish was the Twice Cooked Pork ($7.95) appropriately made with pork belly. The pork was savory and tender and even the leeks were cooked properly and there were some fermented black beans hiding in there. I was really happy with both dishes and will be back. Not sure if I ever will get around to try the Mala Pork Kidney or the Pork Intestine with Pepper but there are lots of good stuff on the menu!



The dining room was also nice and bright and there is a big function room to the left. 

Address 290 Main Street, Malden, MA 02148
Phone number (781) 480-3671

Sichuan Taste Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review. I'm always interested in trying a new Sichuan restaurant. I love to cook, but most items I find I can do better at home. But some foods, like Asian dishes, I don't have the knack for.

    ReplyDelete