Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Bonefish Grill Waltham

I had a craving for some Bang Bang Shrimp, and since Bonefish Grills location in Burlington has closed, I headed down to their Waltham location. They are conveniently located just off Rte 128.



I really like that you get your own carafe of water. A very pleasant loaf of bread arrives with an excellent dipping oil.



What used to be a fairly extensive lunch menu has been reduced down to about five items. Here is the "Cup of Soup or House or Caesar Salad + Two BFG Soft Tacos Blackened Baja fish or Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos (10.5)". This is from their online menu, the real one just said Cup of Chowder. I went with the Chowder and the Bang Bang Tacos. The chowder was really delicious and very well seasoned with plenty of clams, but it was thick! It wasn't really a chowder but a glop. Still very tasty. There was something else in the chowder apart from the clams and the potatoes, and I asked the waiter about it, and he said he would check with the kitchen. He never got back to me. Aren't the servers supposed to know what's in a dish in case people are allergic? The tacos were excellent with plenty of shrimp. The diced tomatoes was an expertly executed brunoise.
The parking spaces are the skinniest I have ever encountered in this country. Unless you find a good spot, you are at serious risk for a door ding.
Update. What I thought was the wine list is actually the old extensive lunch menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment