Friday, February 3, 2017

The Porch Wakefield

I wasn't going to write about my visit to The Porch In Wakefield today since I go here so often, but after trying a new (to me) side dish, I had to.



From the secret menu, Dark Fried Chicken Platter ($10) with two sides. The new side dish was the Hoppin' John (rice & beans). Boy, was this delicious! The beans had an interesting (in a good way) taste and also had a trace of smoke, probably from the bacon it was cooked with. It was also seasoned well with a hint of heat. The chicken was, as usual, perfectly cooked with a nice crisp crust.



A different view of the seating area. The interior is impeccable clean and pleasant.




Meat ready for the smoker. They now cook the Collard Greens in pork broth instead of chicken broth, and I had a little taste, and that really adds a little something to an already excellent side dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment