Thursday, May 25, 2017

Edamame Watertown

Last time I went to Edamame in Watertown, it was snowing/sleeting, so I guess it's an improvement when it was just raining today. I had reserved a table with GoPapaya to get a nice discount on my lunch.


I saw this on the lunch menu on my last visit and was curious about it. This is the Beef Negimaki Lunch Bento Box ($12.50). "Served with White Rice, Miso Soup, Salad, California roll and Shumai". First, it's not a Bento Box without the box. Secondly, it's only 1/2 California roll. The Japanese Shumai was OK and the salad was fresh. The Beef Negimaki was pretty terrible. A thin slice of beef wrapped around an abundance of green onions and the beef was seriously dry. The sauce was very sweet and gloppy.


A closer look at the miserable Negimaki. If you google Negimaki, this is what you get and I could eat that.


No comments:

Post a Comment