Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Machu Chicken Somerville

When I first went to Machu Chicken in Union Square they didn't have a website, but now they do, albeit without prices. If you are lucky, you can get free parking after Barbeque International just up the street, and that worked out well since I was doing dinner takeout from them. GoPapaya gives me a nice 20% discount there.



I went with the basic PERUVIAN STYLE CHARCOAL- ROASTED CHICKEN ($7). "Traditional chicken comes with house salad and your choice of fries or rice. ¼ Chicken dark". I went with the fries that was of the frozen variety but was fried nicely, and perfectly adequate. The chicken was moist and flavorful from the 12-hour marinade and smoky from the charcoal grill. This is really one of the best roasted chickens around. The salad was fresh. You get two dipping sauces, one spicy and one herbed. I asked the waitress what they were for. She said: You can use them on the chicken or on the salad or dip the french fries in them. Both was very good, but the chicken really doesn't need a dipping sauce so I ended up using one on the salad. I dipped the french fries in the other one. The chicken might not be the Green Circle chickens, but on the other hand, it wasn't $13 for a quarter either.



The inside looked exactly the same as when I was here two years ago. It's nice and bright up at the windows, and the place is impeccable clean. The waitress was very nice. I also ordered a quarter dark ($5) to go. I just got some microwavable rice that I would like to try.

25 Union Square, Somerville, MA 02143
Phone number (617) 623-7972

No comments:

Post a Comment