Saturday, June 17, 2017

Acitrón Arlington

When I found out that Acitrón Cocina Mexicana in Arlington is serving lunch Fri-Sat and brunch on Sundays, it went on my togo list.



This is where Punjab started before they moved into a bigger space up the street. Punjab has now been closed for about two years, but I spoke to their neighbor, and he had just seen the owner who said that they will reopen "soon".



The inside looks very familiar, and the furniture looks like it's left from Punjab. It was nice and bright inside and impeccable clean. There is some seating at the bar in the back.



Warm chips, slightly stale, arrives with a very tasty salsa.



From the salad section, I picked AGUACATE RELLENO DE ENSALADA DE CAMARON (8.25). "Ripened avocado filled with aioli cilantro shrimp, tomatoes, red pepper, red onions and celery". I must admit that I didn't expect a salad of this size! A split avocado on a bed of greens overflowing with shrimp. This alone would have been enough for lunch. The shrimp mixture was very tasty and I really enjoyed the salad.



Next was the dish that I can never refuse, CHILES RELLENOS (11.95). "Fire-roasted Poblano pepper stuffed with diced vegetables, black beans and cheese topped with salsa roja and cotija cheese". Notice that the title indicates plural. Again the Chiles Rellenos failed to appear. What I got was a stuffed poblano filled with BROWN beans with cheese on top. The diced vegetables were also absent. The side dish of beans was very bland. The rice was very good, and the stuffed poblano was cooked nicely so that it still had some texture. The Salsa Roja was excellent and had more than just a hint of heat. The nicely cooked poblano and the excellent salsa saved the dish. The service was very good and friendly. I'll be back for more lunches, despite Arlington newly installed parking meters. To bad they didn't take a hint from Waltham, who removed all their parking meters. Guess where I'm more likely to go for lunch?

Address 473 Massachusetts Avenue, Arlington, MA 02474
Phone number (781) 777-2839


Acitron Cocina Mexicana Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment