Thursday, June 1, 2017

Modash Cafe Wilmington

I first heard about Modash Cafe in Wilmington when they got written up in Wicked Local, and it sounded like it was worth a visit, and since I was in the area anyway, I paid them a visit for lunch today.



They are located in a strip mall close to Rte 93. Plenty of parking outside.



The inside was impeccable clean. You order up front and pick up your food when it's ready. They were very busy at lunch with tons of takeout orders, and they had two cashiers going to keep up.



From the Daily Specials board, I picked the "*BUFFALO BLUE BURGER W/FRIES $9.25 *2-50Z PATTIES TOPPED W/LETTUCE, TOMATO, RED ONION, BACON, BLUE CHEESE & FRANKS RED HOT SAUCE". They announce their daily specials on FB daily, and they do like their uppercases. The coated fries were excellent and cooked really well. The two patties were served on an onion roll that was super fresh and very light. The lettuce was very finely shredded, and I got two thin slices of tomato, and I like both of those. There was plenty of well-cooked bacon. The blue cheese was on the milder side, but I liked it with the hot sauce. The burgers weren't overcooked but boy, were they dense! My plastic knife had trouble cutting them. Despite that, it was a very pleasant lunch with super friendly service.

I went back to try their breakfast offerings, but they only serve breakfast until 11:00 AM and this is not mentioned on their website anywhere. 


Instead, I went with the Reuben ($8.25). "Corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese and Russian dressing on grilled marbled rye bread". I opted for the Italian Seeded Roll instead since I don't like dark bread. It was a substantial sandwich with lots of very finely sliced corned beef. It was a very pleasant sandwich. You also get a bag of chips and a pickle with your sandwich.

Address 16 Upton Drive, Wilmington, MA 01887
Phone number (978) 657-0457

Modash Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment