Wednesday, August 2, 2017

C.K. Pearl Essex

I try to get to C.K. Pearl in Essex at least once every summer, and I just realized that we are in August already. I adore their food, and I adore sitting on the deck, but I love their clam chowder. The chowder alone is worth the trip.


They also do a very respectable BBQ and have a real smoker outside.


The view from the deck never gets old.


Here is their famous Clam Chowder (7). "Pork Belly, Potato, Crispy Clam Strips". None of this "in Essex we don't thicken the chowder", this is a proper thick chowder with plenty of pork belly.


They serve an appetizer sized Fried Clams (16) that are not listed on the menu. This was the best fried clams I have had so far, a very light batter and super tender clams. Their size varied from small bellies to rather large ones. However, they were just about a dollar each. Not being from NE, I'm not sure what the deal with fried clams is? They really don't taste of much and are rather expensive. Enlighten me, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment