Saturday, August 5, 2017

The Loading Dock Belmont

The Loading Dock in Belmont started out as a deli type of place and have now morphed into a full fledged sit-down restaurant. Armed with a Groupon for 25% cash back I visited them for lunch today. They serve lunch and brunch on weekends.



Plenty of off-street parking that was pretty full when I drove by on a weekday.



A dining room has now been added in the back and has been open for about a year.



The floor was wet and the chairs were not very comfortable.



I ordered the TLD LAMB BURGER ($14 on the lunch menu, $12 on the brunch menu). "With Tomato, Lettuce, Feta Cheese, Tahini Aioli, On Brioche Bun and Pub Fries". I got charged the lunch price and didn't realize until I was almost at home. The oversized bun was very light and flavorful, but the Tahini Aioli was just a very thin shmear on the top and bottom. The burger was very flavorful and well seasoned but come out barely medium, was ordered medium rare. The feta cheese was rock hard. The pub fries were excellent, light and fluffy, but most was just lukewarm. Some were really hot, so this was a bit of a mystery unless some had sat under a heat lamp and some were freshly fried. When I complained the waitress just said that they were fresh out of the fryer and that was that, so I had to eat my lukewarm fries. Not too impressed by the customer service and also had to ask for a refill of my water glass.



They also have some nice outside seating, but I doubt that I will be back.



I ordered the SHAWARMA ROLL UP OR PLATE ($11) to go. "Shawarma Spiced Chicken, Pickled Cucumber, Cabbage Onion Slaw, Tahini Aioli". I got three pickled cucumbers. There was plenty of chicken that was very tasty and nicely seasoned. The pickled cabbage with onions was really nice as was the hummus. This was a way better dish than the burger.

Address 11 Brighton Street, Belmont, MA 02478
Phone number (617) 484-7671

The Loading Dock Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment