Friday, September 22, 2017

Pokéworks Somerville

On Tuesday Pokéworks in Somerville will launch their two limited-time fruit bowls and I was invited today for a preview and tasting.


They are centrally located in Davis Square, and there is free parking to be had if you know where to look.



The inside is nice and bright with communal tables. You start at this end of the counter and work your way down to the cash register. I have been here before and really like their food.



I like the window seats, and I was able to snag a seat today.



The first of the limited time bows was the Pineapple Bora. "Bora, pineapple, cilantro, fresh ginger, red chili, lotus chips, over salad". I had never had Bora before, but it's part of the mullet family. I really liked the fish with the pineapple. The red chili was green bird's eye chili, those are HOT. I like spicy so this was OK with me. The lotus chips were crispy and the whole thing was very tasty. It rests on a mound of rice, same as their other bowls.



Does this look good or what? Watermelon Shiso. "Atlantic salmon, watermelon, crab salad, masago, green onion, sweet onion, edamame, cucumber, sesame seeds, fresh shiso, ponzu fresh sauce". What looks like Tobiko is really Masago. Masago is the roe of the Capelin, an Atlantic and Arctic fish that is sustainable. I really like salmon, so this was my favorite, and I was really surprised how well the watermelon went with salmon. Both the crab salad and the masago added another layer of flavors. Both bowls were really good and will be a nice addition to the existing poké offerings. I still haven't tried their Poké Burrito, but I'm working on it.

The new fruit bowls will NOT be served like this, this was only for me today. On Tuesday and onwards, it's the usual bowls.

Address 261 Elm Street, Somerville, MA 02144
Phone number (617) 996-1198

Disclosure: The food was by courtesy of Pokéworks, but all opinions are my own.

2 comments:

  1. What is the difference in what you got and what the usual fruit bowl would be?

    ReplyDelete