Friday, November 3, 2017

Anchor Pub & Grille Beverly

I visited Anchor Pub & Grille in Beverly a while back and had an excellent meal, and there was something else on the specials board that I would like to try, so on this beautiful Friday, I headed back to Beverly. It's a fairly short drive if Rte 128 cooperates.



One of these days I have to find out what the story is behind the pandas. Parking next to the restaurant and also across the street.



On the specials menu, it said Shrimp Cocktail ($4.95), and I was curious as to what I would get. I did not expect ten good-sized fresh shrimps!



The Seafood Pie ($11.95) with two sides shows up occasionally, but almost certainly available on Thursdays. For my sides, I picked the Garlic Roasted Potatoes and Onion Rings (+75¢). The onion rings were certainly worth the upcharge, they had a really good seasoned batter that was nice and crisp. The Seafood Pie was not only delicious but also big. It was packed with some fish, a ton of bay scallops and shrimps and a seriously good amount of lobster, both tails, and claws. Everything was cooked well, and I was really happy with this, especially for the price.



Even the homemade tartar sauce was excellent, tasty and jam-packed with good stuff.



I got here early since I know that they get wicked busy. The table next to me had the Fried Clams Plate, and it was a heaping pile of clams. I know there is FF underneath, but it was still impressive. I might have to give the clams another chance. The service as always good and with a smile. When I mentioned to the waitress how good the tartar sauce was, she said: "do you want another one?" and I had barely touched the first one.

Address 20 Cabot St, Beverly, MA 01915
Phone number (978) 921-0504

No comments:

Post a Comment