Saturday, December 30, 2017

Tsukiji Bistro Melrose

Tsukiji Bistro in Melrose opened very recently in what used to be the upstairs at Stearns & Hill's Bistro.



Not a very imposing front. There is free on-street parking and also parking lots all over the place. I have found convenient parking in front of the church just down the street.



The old "bistro" interior is still here with an added sushi bar.



The dining room with some really comfy seating at the windows. I promptly snagged one of those.



Nice place setting with linen napkins.



I was going to start with the Tatsuta-age chicken, but then spied the Steamed Hirata Buns "lobster - $14 | duck - $12 | pork belly - $10" and I picked the pork belly of course. The buns were light and fluffy, and the pork belly was tender and tasty. Not a bad start at all.



Chirashi or Poké Bowl? My very pleasant waitress recommended the poké so poké it was. Poké Bowl (sushi rice) ($12). "Tuna, salmon, yellowtail, with poke sauce, sweet pickled onion, and kimchi salad". The kimchi salad didn't make it, but I got avocado instead. The poké was excellent with fresh fish and a really tasty poké sauce. The black bits on top is fried shallot bits. There was also wasabi and pickled ginger hiding behind the green stuff. The sushi rice was excellent and at both the right temperature and seasoning. There was also tobiko hiding in there and adding texture. I'll go back for this anytime, but I think I'll try the Chirashi next time. Both of these are only available on the lunch menu. I thought it was cool to have Asian food in an old-fashioned bistro environment. The sushi chef is from Hawaii, so no wonder that the poké was so good.

Address 2nd Floor, 505 Main Street, Melrose, MA 02176
Phone number (781) 665-6254

Tsukiji Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment