Friday, January 5, 2018

Tsukiji Bistro Melrose

My first choice for lunch in Melrose today wasn't open, so I continued to Tsukiji Bistro in Melrose where I had an excellent Poké Bowl last week.



Not the best picture in the universe.



I started with the Fried Chicken ($7) from the small plates section. "Mochiko chicken or Tatsuta-age chicken". I picked the Tatsuta-age chicken, and I got a heaping plate of chicken. Perfectly fried, crispy and still juicy and when I bit into one, it was all dark meat as it should be. You also get a spicy remoulade to go with the chicken, and it was also delicious. This was frankly enough chicken for a lunch on its own.



The Chirashi (sushi rice) ($10) was my second choice last week. "Assorted sashimi, vegetables, and pickles". Are you kidding me? Divers scallops in a $10 Chirashi? The sushi rice had some sesame seeds sprinkled on top that added texture. There was also eel in there and nice marinated shiitake mushrooms. The fish was super fresh and really tasty. The roe was way tastier than it should be, and it turns out it was marinated the way they do it in Norden Japan. This was a steal at $10, and I was very happy with this. Next time it's the Bento box turn. I asked if they share the kitchen with the downstairs restaurant, and it turns out that they have their own kitchen upstairs.

Address 2nd Floor, 505 Main Street, Melrose, MA 02176
Phone number (781) 665-6254

No comments:

Post a Comment