Thursday, May 10, 2018

Red Rose Lowell

Red Rose Restaurant in Lowell is one of the oldest surviving Cambodian restaurants in the area.


Parking in the plaza is available but shared with all the businesses. There is also on-street parking.


This is the original restaurant, and it was nice and bright inside.


This is what the expanded restaurant looks like.


You get a picture menu, which is nice if you are not familiar with the dishes. However, there are no prices listed. When I finally got a price list, I was informed that the prices were not correct! I asked why they hadn't updated the prices and got no reasonable answer. She went away and then told me I would be charged the listed prices, "but it's only for you".


Special Fried Rice with Beef Loc Lac ($12.95). The content in the small bowl goes over the beef. I had to ask what the broth was for, and was informed that it was for the rice. There is a big mound of salad underneath the beef, so it was not as a generous serving as it looked. The beef was good, crispy and seasoned well, and very very tender. The special fried rice had some eggs and a ton of peas, and some slivers of meat. Not very special. The salad underneath the beef was pretty good with some red onions in the mix.


Yes, we have condiments.


Since I was so close, I had to stop at China Star on Broadway and pick up a pound of Roasted Pork Belly ($11.75). This is excellent as is their Roasted Duck ($15.75 for a half).

Address: 716 Middlesex St, Lowell, MA 01851
Phone: (978) 452-5400

No comments:

Post a Comment